Medical to the remote

This Blog is all about the work of God. Nothing we do is without the knowledge of our Father. He is the soul provider for everything we do.
We are Mordegai, Toinette, Suzaan, Gideon, and Anton Rossouw from Namibia-Africa. . This Blog is all about our lives here in Cambodia while Suzaan works in South Africa. We are real Farmers from Africa and we love life and what it has to offer and enjoy it day by day.

Mordegai travels to remote villages, doing much needed medical work , where no other doctors go, with local pastors.

Gideon is no longer with us but Anton is studying in Malaysia. Toinette joins FGC Community Link Cambodia to the villages close by, teaching local children in an after school setting and also women about Health Issues in a village setting.

We consider us Asians as we live such a long time in Asia, eating rice as a staple food and not meat......

Our motto in life comes from a dear friend:

With common sense and God we
can accomplish a lot

Robin Wales




Monday, October 5, 2026

Monday night prayers 5 October 2026

 


Ok we booked into the hotel, sorry hospital. Almost look like a hotel, right on the 16th floor and we can see the whole of Phnom Pehn. Let me think back when we came here first and there were no high-rise buildings, now there are so many of them. Wish I could open n window…..

Sitting in the hospital and write to you makes me think when we always had to rush small Aprillyn to the hospital and how many newsletters I wrote from there. Like they say it was many moons back but feels like yesterday. Hospitals are definitely not my favorite place to be but over the years I spend plenty of time in various hospitals in the Philippines as well as here, either being the patient or sitting with my patients and their families through the nights, waiting on doctors to get some answers.

Davao’s original government hospital was the place I learned to be patient. I wonder how many books I read under the big mango tree, waiting to be helped. I was always there the first with my Badjao friends but because of the stigma of the Badjaos, we always got in last, so that is why we had to wait. No harm done, I could enjoy reading books while on the job hahaha.I can say for certain that I was the only “Joe” (white American) that always ran around in the hospital. They know me well and we could build such good relationships with everyone inside the hospital. Remember I was a missionary and had to behave and that was difficult when you always had to fight for justice. Many years back now, I can use all that difficult experiences in and out of the hospital to work better with people. God had to shape me first.




I celebrated my birthday with good friends, Curtis, Brea, Long and Katherine. We cooked nice lunch for them and ate together with great fellowship. It is such a blessing to have so many good friends here in Phnom Pehn.

Please pray:

Tomorrow at 9am, Toinette will be in for the operation. Please pray for a successful operation and that God’s glory will shine. Pray for the surgeon to perform a good work.

Pray for Curtis as he will go out to Dim and ride the jungle trails in order to see the people at the church.

Love you all

Rossouw-clan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday 🎊🎂🎉🎁, Mordegai! It’s good to see Long’s face.