Good evening all you beautiful people. Writing from a very wet Siem Reap and just love it. I am pure Namibian by heart that is why I love rain this much. I know that rain in some areas is dangerous but here we need it for the farmers to grow their rice. Wish all this rain can fall in Namibia, can you imagine how green it will be??
This last week was a bit of hectic with Toinette be on
diabetic alert. Testing and checking blood before and after meals and checking
what to eat and not to eat, makes for a bit of planning. Praise God that her
diabetes count is dropping quite well and hopefully by die end of the week, we
hope for a positive outcome on testing again to see if she is ready for the
operation. Please pray that the Glycated Hemoglobin will decrease.
My friend posted a little video showing how Ria’s leg
look like. It is just wonderful to see the healing in his leg and he is finally
ready to go home on Thursday. Thank you Donnie and your team for helping us to
accomplish all this. Now Ria can go back home and start his life again.
Please pray for Meriam and Nnamdi. Their little baby
(35 weeks) is a precious little bundle. “”Praise God and thank you for all
your love and prayers. The check this morning showed much improvement: very
good fetal movement. So there’s no need to rush the delivery. But Meriam will
remain in the hospital for close monitoring. Please keep praying with us— for
the amniotic fluid to keep increasing and the baby to remain in good condition
so there’ll no need for emergency delivery (surgery).- Nnamdi””
We met a very lost soul while we had some coffee,
Abraham and me. Older lady from Europe and she confessed to us that she
believes in nothing and only look out for herself. Started talking and
explaining what we do, I could see that there is a bit of a spark in her.
Abraham is the real evangelist among us and he did his best to explain what we
try to do. She volunteers at a small local school and when I said that I make
toys, her eyes sparkled. Our next meeting was a few days ago and I brought her
40 wooden toy cars. She was very happy to bring this to the kids.
Why do I tell this story? There are many foreigners in
Siem Reap and most of them are not believers and looking for something good to
do. That is why they volunteer here and there or if they are younger they get a
teaching job. Lots of retired people here as well. I meet up with another group
of older people over coffee and find them very interesting. There is a huge
need under the foreigners to hear about Christ. The expat community is a rare
bunch of people and is definitely a group that need the Lord. Hopefully a few
toy cars can let someone think about the Lord. It’s a good start.
Thank you once again for praying with us.
Love
Rossouw-clan
No comments:
Post a Comment