Medical to the remote

This Blog is all about the work of God. Nothing we do is without the knowledge of our Father. He is the soul provider for everything we do.
We are Mordegai, Toinette, Suzaan, Gideon and Anton Rossouw from Namibia-Africa. . This Blog is all about our lives here in Cambodia while Suzaan works in South Africa. We are real Farmers from Africa and we love life and what it have to offer and enjoy it day by day.

Mordegai travels to remote villages, doing much needed medical work ,where no other doctors go, with local pastors.

Toinette is at home with the boys. Gideon is no longer with us but Anton will finish with Hope school this year and start online classes .Toinette joins FGC Community Link Cambodia to the villages close by, teaching local children in an after school setting and also women about Health Issues in a village setting.

We consider us Asians as we live such a long time in Asia, eating rice as a staple food and not meat......

Our motto in life comes from a dear friend:

With common sense and God we
can accomplish a lot

Robin Wales




Monday, December 25, 2017

Monday night prayers 25 December 2017





And so Christmas came as well. I came home on the 23rd and the 24th we finally had time to go and do some shopping. Sorry for the people that do not like to do shopping on such a holy day but this was the “Donkey in the pit” incidence, if you catch my drift?? We were so busy that we had absolutely no time to buy some small gifts and because Christmas is not so big here, we need to push for this event to happen. Around us there were so many parties to attend and so many people that visited. O the joy of Christmas season. We had at least a few days of cold and its back to normal again. So jealous on all of you in a white Christmas, never experience that before.







It was nice to g out with friends into the province. This time I rode the big bike and it was the first time since the accident, 4 years ago, that I took Big Red out this way. It was like old times. We stopped in Thor Piang Rosey and help a lot of people. It was humbling to see Curtis spending quality time with my friend Heang and encourage him for his work in the new village. We arrange a date with him coming on our next outreach so he can give some pointers to them in teaching the people.





                                       




The next day we went all the way to Rum Jopon. It was off course so nice to see all our friends again. Malaria is still the number 1 killer out there with 9 out of 19 people, being positive over the last 3 weeks. It’s such a blessing to have a friend that stay there to test the people. I gave him a fresh bunch of self-tests and meds for Malaria. Such a shame that it’s such a problem to get hold of meds. Once again we made it out just in time for John’s bike to break down. The mighty 650 was the tow-truck again.
  


  
I got some terrible news from the Philippines due to the storm that they had. There were terrible flooding everywhere and the village we always hiked to, Pigalungan, got washed away. This is a very remote area into the mountains. In her own words:
We need more relief goods for 80 families of Pegalongan, Marilog Davao city. MEFM got all these stuff from BFC and we need more. We hope and pray to build the new church building amd pastor's house as soon as offering from friends and churches gets in. Salamat for your love, concern and generosity. Right now these 80 families are homeless. Crying up to God for help to restore back their lives. May God will use you to be a channel of blessing for them. God bless you.
Ptr Ruby losing everything. She was in Tawas when it happened morning of Dec 22. And she was so helpless since she cannot cross. The entire village is gone only rocks and sand are visible. According to some people Camilo her husband was able to save her pair of sandals... But the animals were all safe. Only those houses in the hilly areas were only ones left standing only 4 houses.


Continue to pray for Fe:
My journey could have been rough and tough without you who have been with me to sustain me. Praise God! This Christmas season reminds me that i have a reason to live...because Jesus was born to die in order for me to have life! Let's keep our faith up! Whatever circumstances we are facing right now or there maybe uncertainties ahead that might catch us by surprise ,remember that Jesus is with us in this life's journey...we could keep calm. He is in charge!
On Thursday ( Dec 28) will be my 7th chemo. Please help me declare restoration of health...Pray that my colds and cough be gone in Jesus name! We are praying for more wisdom and provision for my family's settling down to our house in January. We are starting from nothing...Noel and I went to Cambodia two months after our wedding and so this will be our first home here...Exciting?!
Ouma Paula is doing well. The shoulder is still very painful but Toinette’s brother and family is there looking after her. We praise the Lord that we can have such a good family that care for each other. Pray that the pain will not be unbearable.



I want to include this little testimony from my friend Samai, who is running a small school, teaching tribal children basic Khmer to go to school.
The Story of poor student
My name Leun Kasang and I am a tribal girl. I'm 12 years old and I have six siblings. I am youngest in my family before I never go to school like other children. Because my family very poor and also in my village no school I don't have time to study, always work hard. I really want to school because I want to read and write Khmer languages as like other children. One day I went to church with my friend I see all of them can read and write. I'm feeling so sad because my friend they're can write and read. But I asked myself who will help me to school to reach my dream. One month later I went to Church again, during that time my pastor asked me. What happened with you? I started to answer him I really want to study and he asked me(pastor) you used to study before and I said to him no. And he said I will helping you please come and study with other children in Church. Since that time I was very excited because I never thought that, I will have chance to reach my dream. Now my dream come true because of God, without God I couldn't study like other children. But now I received the wonderful blessings to my life, so now I can write and read Khmer language not like before never do it. My life make change quickly through God grace. Now my dream come true and praise for this blessings."Amen"
(Please donate for this program that we try to helped other poor children)




We pray that this Christmas will be a blessed time as well as a fruitful family time to recharge your batteries as well as patch up relations that got sour over this year. May we get quite and reflect over this year and make right with God and improve where we can.

Love ya all

Rossouw-clan

No comments: