Medical to the remote

This Blog is all about the work of God. Nothing we do is without the knowledge of our Father. He is the soul provider for everything we do.
We are Mordegai, Toinette, Suzaan, Gideon and Anton Rossouw from Namibia-Africa. . This Blog is all about our lives here in Cambodia while Suzaan works in South Africa. We are real Farmers from Africa and we love life and what it have to offer and enjoy it day by day.

Mordegai travels to remote villages, doing much needed medical work ,where no other doctors go, with local pastors.

Toinette is at home with the boys. Gideon is no longer with us but Anton will finish with Hope school this year and start online classes .Toinette joins FGC Community Link Cambodia to the villages close by, teaching local children in an after school setting and also women about Health Issues in a village setting.

We consider us Asians as we live such a long time in Asia, eating rice as a staple food and not meat......

Our motto in life comes from a dear friend:

With common sense and God we
can accomplish a lot

Robin Wales




Monday, August 14, 2017

Monday night prayers 14 August 2017




I have some time to kill here at home while waiting for my friends to be available for me to go on an outreach. Keep myself busy cleaning and doing maintenance around our home, much needed as its rainy season and way overdue…
While sanding down a piece of reclaimed-rosewood, I was just thinking of how Jesus did not mind getting dirty with our sins, so we could become clean. If I look like this after one piece of wood!!!


Love working with burned wood. This wood and many more, sat next to the road for more than a year, before I asked if I can buy it. Here they do not want this wood but you will not get it for free. After a few U$, nothing compared to the local prize for good wood, it was mine. The satisfaction is in seeing black wood, turning to natural colour.





Toinette is back teaching in the village. The students have their year-end holiday now and they try to bring more activities into the program. This week we will do a 3 day seminar on Puberty as we plan to do a “No Apologies” workshop early in September with the High School students. Please pray as we share that the students will feel free to share and ask questions. Some of our students are entering their last school year. They have grown so much in their character and love for God. Some of them will qualify for sponsorship for further education. Please let us know if this is something where you would like to contribute.
Praise God, there were 14 women at the last Health Teaching in the village. Pray that more will come and learn more. Especially for building of relationship to invite them to church.



Please pray for Toinette’s brother Quinton. They need to do further tests as as his cancer count is high. Please pray for him and his family as they are really going through a fire proof. Pray also for his business as it is also in the balance. Pray for encouragement,hope, strength, faith , healing and blessing.



Update on Fe’s Faith Journey
My family had lots of fun being in the Philippines despite the hurdles...Praise God and thanks to family and friends who have gone a long way to make our journey a pleasant one.
My treatment :
I will be back from Cambodia on August 21 and will have my first treatment on August 25. A bit anxious but trying to remain positive and trustful to God that He will work it out for my good.
Prayers : Please pray
- that I will be able to accomplish what I need to do in Siem Reap in a week time.
- for my health... Especially as I prepare for my chemo
-that I will have a happy disposition always plus my Faith would always be up!
-for our financial needs to be supplied.
Oh by the way friends I can't imagine myself being bald after my first chemo... I won't be exempted right? So I tried to practice putting on a scarf over my head. (see a photo here)
Thanks for the gift of family... Friendship and Christian brotherhood.



Some updated news from our friends Jacob and Carmen in Tanzania:
As you all know, I have been working towards transferring my USA commercial pilot license to Tanzania. The last thing I have left before submittal is to log six hours in a US registered aircraft. As it so happens, there is an organization which operates with US registered aircraft named FMS (Flying Medical Services). The plan is to log the hours during their medical evacuation flights.
This Saturday morning, I received a call. There had been an accident near Loliondo and two men had been severely injured. The first sustained broken ribs, a bad fracture just below the knee and a broken foot while the second had broken his arm along with other injuries. They needed a transfer to Arusha as the injuries were beyond the hospital's capabilities.
And, after 2.5 hours of flight (seven hours of work) I was back home. Though pretty tired, the day was not over. Carmen and I still had my brother's wedding to attend in Idaho at midnight. Skype is a wonderful thing.
Please be praying for 3.5 more hours of flight before the end of next week. This is the last thing I need before submitting for my license in Tanzania. It has been a long process and this is the last week I have left.



Thank you for praying once again
Love
Rossouw-clan



No comments: