Medical to the remote

This Blog is all about the work of God. Nothing we do is without the knowledge of our Father. He is the soul provider for everything we do.
We are Mordegai, Toinette, Suzaan, Gideon and Anton Rossouw from Namibia-Africa. . This Blog is all about our lives here in Cambodia while Suzaan works in South Africa. We are real Farmers from Africa and we love life and what it have to offer and enjoy it day by day.

Mordegai travels to remote villages, doing much needed medical work ,where no other doctors go, with local pastors.

Toinette is at home with the boys. Gideon is no longer with us but Anton will finish with Hope school this year and start online classes .Toinette joins FGC Community Link Cambodia to the villages close by, teaching local children in an after school setting and also women about Health Issues in a village setting.

We consider us Asians as we live such a long time in Asia, eating rice as a staple food and not meat......

Our motto in life comes from a dear friend:

With common sense and God we
can accomplish a lot

Robin Wales




Monday, May 20, 2013

Monday night prayers May 20 2013

Do not like it when Toinette is not here and we boys need to be here alone. well, we can do whatever we want when the boss is away but it just do not feel right.....Toinette went to Phnom Penh to get some needed visas for Thailand so she and Gideon can go there next week. Pls pray that she will have a safe trip back tomorrow on these roads. We just feel what it is to have Namibian Passport in Asia. Do not make travel easy...Everywhere we go we need visas from the Embassy and not on the border, like everyone else. Only people from SA and the rest of the world,can go in for free, the rest of Africa need to pay. On top of that you need to wait 3 days for the visa, luckily for good friends, we can get back home and they will send it here. 

I started my new bike this afternoon without pain, seems to me , I am getting there...Amen to that. Cannot wait to hit the road again on some needed outreaches. Rainy season is here and the place is getting wet and full of mud, yummy. Pray that my hip will heal up, seems to me I hurt it more than I thought. Now that the swelling is gone, it started to get painful. My rib is almost healed, praise God for that. 

Please pray for my best mate Grahame and his family. His dad just past away yesterday and he is on the plane right now to NZ. He took his children, Carl and Sam with him and left Katy, his wife behind with Jenda. Now that is another story. Jenda needs a visa to get into NZ and it took ages and loads of money and nothing happens , Pls pray that a miracle will happens. They already have Jenda for 6 years and want to adopt her but the NZ government refuse....
Grahame and Katy Dyer works with Asian Outreach in Stung Treng, way up in the North and we are partnering with them. 
Read the whole article:

Mordegai's mum is doing much better , but she lost her one eye due to a serious infection that they could get rid of early enough. She is struggling a bit now with balance and she needs to adapt how to walk with one eye. Back to basic for her. 

Recently some of my good friends, one in Namibia and one in the States, got ill with Cancer. I am asking prayers for our good friends as this is very serious illnesses they have. May God help them to get healed.
Can you pls, pray for Anne-Marie Coetzee from Karibib. She is an old schoolmate of mine and her husband and us grew up together, so we know each other very well. Pray for her as she is faithfully fighting this illness. 
Some news from her but it is in Afrikaans, sorry English readers:
Wonderlike nuus! n Week gelede het Dr Zietsman gesê ek sal nog 2 chemo's moet kry voordat sy my Kaap toe kan stuur. Ek het dit sommer net so aanvaar, want ek het gereken as ons bid vir volkome genesing, is dit die Here se manier om vir my die versekering te gee dat ek gesond is. Toe kry ons die kankertelling... Dis af op 44,8! Nou sal ek net nog 1 chemo moet kry. Ek sê nog steeds dankie Heer, U is so getrou! In die Kaap met ek n PET scan laat doen om te kyk of daar nog kanker is, en waar dit is, en dan moontlik nog n operasie. Maar ek is 100% reg daarvoor, en weet dat die Here vir my die beste pad sal wys, want Hy ken my so goed! Dankie vir almal se gebede en ondersteuning, julle is kosbaar! Ek kan dit voel wanneer julle vir my bid, glo my! Verder voel ek goed, die bene pyn en ek is bietjie naar, maar ek rus lekker en haal lekker in om al my boeke te lees wat so lank moes wag vir n rustiger tyd. Môre is dit al weer naweek, en dan kan almal ietsie lekkers doen, kuier en herlaai! Lekker dag! Mwa xxx

On the other hand, another friend of ours in Oregon, USA, Julie Ann Passon is also fighting the Cancer . Pray that God will help her in this time. She is married with a small girl. 
Here is a very personal letter from Julie:
Well.....I wasn't going to post anything about my health issue this week, as it is sort of personal (even more than saying "breast" in every other sentence!).  But, on Day 6 of this pain in the *&% with no relief in site, I am asking for prayer! Stop reading now if you don't wanna know! After being on pain meds for my double mastectomy, my poor bootie developed a MEGA hemorrhoid. I did EVERYTHING right, but somehow a 2.5 cm excruciatingly painful doozie of one formed. I was able to get into the doctor twice this week to get it numbed. Unfortunately, due to starting chemotherapy this week (which will make me immunocompromised), they would not let me convince them to excise it. Believe me, I begged them to! So...truth is, I would choose 50 mastectomy surgeries over this pain. Please pray that it goes away and I can be healthy for my port placement on Tuesday and my chemo on Thursday!!!!
Other than that, life is good! I have an amazing husband who is outside feeding all of my animals and a sweet baby who makes me laugh ...

On top[ of this all we celebrated Gideon's 10th birthday. Man did time fly... We had so much fun with a War-thyme plus Star Wars program.

Thank you very much for praying for us as well as our friends. Here friends make a big deal, without them we cannot survive, I feel we need a friend to lean on when we are in trouble. God is good to give us lots of friends to lean on.

Love you all
Mordegai for us all


No comments: