Medical to the remote

This Blog is all about the work of God. Nothing we do is without the knowledge of our Father. He is the soul provider for everything we do.
We are Mordegai, Toinette, Suzaan, Gideon and Anton Rossouw from Namibia-Africa. . This Blog is all about our lives here in Cambodia while Suzaan works in South Africa. We are real Farmers from Africa and we love life and what it have to offer and enjoy it day by day.

Mordegai travels to remote villages, doing much needed medical work ,where no other doctors go, with local pastors.

Toinette is at home with the boys. Gideon is no longer with us but Anton will finish with Hope school this year and start online classes .Toinette joins FGC Community Link Cambodia to the villages close by, teaching local children in an after school setting and also women about Health Issues in a village setting.

We consider us Asians as we live such a long time in Asia, eating rice as a staple food and not meat......

Our motto in life comes from a dear friend:

With common sense and God we
can accomplish a lot

Robin Wales




Sunday, March 28, 2010

Miracle Baby


Tonight as I sit here and want to proclaim God's wonder to all of you, I am still shivering of everything that happened during this day. Indeed , "This is the day that the Lord has made." Tonight my heart is so full that I cannot put it on paper but I will try my best to tell you of the wonder of His wonderful grace. Hope you also enjoy and rejoice with us over such a miracle.

I went out to the Badjaos this morning with a new hope to help them in any simple way that we can. I went to the house of Durasi. As I prepare to sit down a lady came in and tell me that her baby is very hot with fever. First I thought it is still another baby with just a fever and we know by know what to do. Give Paracetamol and the fever go away. I was not prepared for what happened next.

The next minute the baby got an convulsion and the mother went bezerk . She thought the baby is going to die. Well I did as well. ! What to do. Took the baby in my hands and sure enough , he was as hot as hell. I prayed that God will save his life and that he will live. I asked them to bring me water and lots of it. By now the whole community was in the little house. Everybody wants to see what is happening. It was so hot and all I want to do is to keep the baby cool. That would not happen today even if I started to chase people out of the house,hahahaha. Well the baby was in the water and was cooling of a bit but then he poo in the water and I had to take him out and put him on the floor.

I can still see how his eyes started to close and how his breathing became so slow and that death was setting in. I had this fear inside of me that the child will die. But God gave life, why must he die. God say we need to pray when we need him and we need to pray for the dead to became alive again, right. That was the following step. Boycott the enemy and give all the glory to God. I grabbed Durasi and tell him to start to pray. By now everyone in the house was praying. What a sight !! I am sure God did hear our simple prayers to him and the prayers of my brothers and sisters who is not even full blown Christians yet. God do not need only the pastor to pray, even a beggar that come in time of need , can do. What a awesome God we serve.

We prayed till the convulsions stopped and the baby started to cry and what a wonderful sound was that. I knew that was a good sound. there was life and what a relieve. Everyone was so happy. The mother was so worried. We rushed to the hospital. We walked to the hospital, only a couple of minutes away, but it felt like a century. I had to help carrying the baby and he was crying it away. Everyone in the streets was looking to this foreigner who was walking with a beggar's child . What is he doing, but if they could know why we did it. I was happy and we walk till we were in the hospital.

The people in the hospital do not want to believe me when I told them the story. By now the baby was fine. Was still crying and we saw a doctor who said we need to admit the baby. It was good as they could give him some hydration as he was very dehydrated. By now he is in the hospital and the mother is very happy that he do not have any fever. Please continue praying for Asipitan-not sure about the name. He is still in hospital and I will talk to the doctor tomorrow.

Pray that the Badjaos will see God's glory in this situation. Thank God for saving this baby's life!

No comments: