Medical to the remote

This Blog is all about the work of God. Nothing we do is without the knowledge of our Father. He is the soul provider for everything we do.
We are Mordegai, Toinette, Suzaan, Gideon, and Anton Rossouw from Namibia-Africa. . This Blog is all about our lives here in Cambodia while Suzaan works in South Africa. We are real Farmers from Africa and we love life and what it has to offer and enjoy it day by day.

Mordegai travels to remote villages, doing much needed medical work , where no other doctors go, with local pastors.

Gideon is no longer with us but Anton will finish this year with Grade 12. .Toinette joins FGC Community Link Cambodia to the villages close by, teaching local children in an after school setting and also women about Health Issues in a village setting.

We consider us Asians as we live such a long time in Asia, eating rice as a staple food and not meat......

Our motto in life comes from a dear friend:

With common sense and God we
can accomplish a lot

Robin Wales




Monday, March 4, 2019

Monday night prayers 4 March 2019










I posted this on Facebook after my visit in the Cashew plantation.
I learn a valuable lesson this morning. Stop complaining about your situation because there are others with much bigger problems.
Life is not Fair!!
Visit grandma who has Leprosy and found a total depressed person. She did not want me to clean her wound because it’s dirty and smelly. I made myself comfortable as good as I could in a very dirty place. After some talking and explaining, she let me do it. I even got a smile later on. Sitting and rotting away is not for sissies. So wish that someone want to come and clean her wound for her. I am living away too far. Strange that she is in a lot of pain but I gave her some good stuff for pain and hopefully she will do better. This morning her attitude was already better and her sister was willing to help. Pray with us for this grandma’s wound. Without the proper help, amputation, there is no way this will become better. The mistrust between doctors and people here are tremendous and she will never go for treatment like that. Everyone in the medical field that come there to look, just scold her cause she do not want to go to Phnom Pehn for treatment. Nobody will take an hour and treat her.






I left and stop to take pictures and saw a spastic boy (15)and his family. They did not gave him a name yet cause they are not sure how long he will live. Standard practise around tribal people here. Mum say that it is very difficult with a boy like this. Hell ya!!! I explain about Gideon but felt like a hypocrite cause Gideon is so advanced compared to this boy.
Lord please help.
At least I could gave some medicine to them all and took some selfies cause this little guy is the happiest kid around. Remember that he is “perfectly and wonderfully made”. I struggle with that but I need to believe it cause God says so!! And I believe my Father. I rest in that. For this family it’s hard but the happiness that surrounds them will keep them fighting.
Big lessons today.
Love Land of Wonders







I went with Samai to visit a small church in the cleared jungle. About 62 families are living around the small church. All of them came for medicines as well as glasses. It was a real festive event with everyone very happy to see again,hahaha. All the children are coughing but it is because of all the dust. This time of the year it’s very hard with the drough. It is expecting to get even hotter, that makes things very difficult for people as they need to go very far for water. Samai say that he is worried for the wells that he put in because so many more people are using it. Changes for breaking the pump is high and some people are even start to fight about water. The one well they took the hand pump off and use an engine to pump so that more people can be helped. Water levels are much deeper now due to all the deforestation being done. In some areas in Cambodia it’s already declared drought.
As always the thankfulness of the people are amazing. They are so happy that we are making time to come and spend time with them. Such a great way to show them that we Christian are sharing the love of Christ. Samai and the pastors could visit long afterwards while I took a good nap on the table, hahaha.






Thanks God for protecting me on this long drive this weekend. First I went down to Kampong Cham to give a Wood work machine to John, my good friend. He is an excellent carpenter and will benefit with this machine. His one he left for his dad to continue their work in another province. Then I went to Stung Treng for the outreach and went all the way to Banlung. Today I drove back all the way to Siem Reap. It is only 730miles around 1168km but it took o long to drive. We cannot go as fast as t home cause the roads are not so good. Some parts of the highway is like riding a boat on the sea, up and down and sideways, but hey it’s a highway and paved. So tonight I will sway on my bed.





Please pray for Toinette. She will travel to Phnom Pehn tomorrow to try and get a Thailand visa in order to renew her current visa. She needs to leave Cambodia and come back again. For us Namibians that stay here it’s a rick mural. First go to PP and get a visa and pay 40$ and then go. Other people can get it on the border.






Thank you again for praying for us. Please keep in touch, would love to hear from you all.
Love
Rossouw-clan

No comments: