Medical to the remote

This Blog is all about the work of God. Nothing we do is without the knowledge of our Father. He is the soul provider for everything we do.
We are Mordegai, Toinette, Suzaan, Gideon and Anton Rossouw from Namibia-Africa. . This Blog is all about our lives here in Cambodia while Suzaan works in South Africa. We are real Farmers from Africa and we love life and what it have to offer and enjoy it day by day.

Mordegai travels to remote villages, doing much needed medical work ,where no other doctors go, with local pastors.

Toinette is at home with the boys. Gideon is no longer with us but Anton will finish with Hope school this year and start online classes .Toinette joins FGC Community Link Cambodia to the villages close by, teaching local children in an after school setting and also women about Health Issues in a village setting.

We consider us Asians as we live such a long time in Asia, eating rice as a staple food and not meat......

Our motto in life comes from a dear friend:

With common sense and God we
can accomplish a lot

Robin Wales




Monday, June 11, 2018

Monday night prayers 11 June 2018






The big pack-up already started. My goodness once you start to clean you wonders how you can accumulate so many things in such a short time. Going on furlough is a good thing cause then you can clean house a bit and give away all unnecessary stuff that we just let sit and never use. This week will be one of those. Just making my house and yard, rain proof is not a task for sissies. School is closing this week and the boys are looking forward going back “home” to Namibia. I am sure the grandma’s already prepared for the “poor and skinny missionaries” that will be home, hahahaha. Going home is hard on the body as you accumulate pounds that you never get rid of….. As you can see we have a lot to do before we can pack up and go home on the 21st June.





I want to ask some prayers for some of our friends that went back from the mission field and trying to fit into normal life again where others are going in the very near future. We all know how difficult it is to fit into normal life again, once you are used to live in another country and got use to things around you. I think its vital important to keep in touch with them as if they are still here and that the church need to pick up the slack. Please try and reach out to missionaries that went back home, they really need some company. We see way to many lives being hurt in the proses.


A while ago I asked prayer for little Sim Lymey (6 years old) She was diagnosed with Leprosy but we took her to the Leprosy hospital and they confirmed that she do not have Leprosy. We praise God for this and that the family can move forward.


Continue to pray for fellow missionary friend Steve Hyde .
I just want to thank everyone with the outpouring of love and concern for me and my family. Since leaving the ICU I am adjusting to life at home. Sleeping is difficult and uncomfortable; my breathing is still a challenge. Even walking is difficult. Noit is by my side constantly and helps me at every moment. This weekend has been Odom's and Anna's birthdays (11 and 13) and I appreciate the Huttos and others with helping to arrange parties for them. Of course as a Dad it has been difficult to not be able to celebrate them. Many have brought us food which has been very helpful. We even had friends from Owasso, OK (Brian and Debbie) bring cards and prayers all the way from Oklahoma. Tens of thousands of Cambodians have been praying for me and reaching out to me. Dozens of pastors from nation's all over the world have been praying for me and even an Indonesian Senator. I am so blessed and so appreciative of all the prayers and help during this time. The doctors are clear that my recovery will take time. There is still extensive clotting in my lungs and in deep veins in my legs...which can at times be extremely painful. On top of that Gout has flared up in my foot...hence, difficulty walking. When I am a bit stronger I will make a video update but I just wanted to express my gratitude for all that people have done and ask for your continued prayers. Thank you and God bless you all!




Continue to pray for Fe.
June 7, 2018
Faith Journey Update:
At last, RADIATION done!
I have missed three days of Radiation because of some technical problems but God is good, it was fixed before my scheduled trip to my home city. Since i have to complete all 30 , i needed to double my sessions in two succeeding days, which I did! Now i'm home. My boys are happy, coz I"m into "Mommy's duty" again.
So.much reasons to rejoice and celebrate in spite of all adversities.
My son Joshua last June 3, had just turned 12! Noel and I will have our 18th wedding anniv on June 10 and of course i will thank God for an extended life on June 23... This is a year after I had my operation.
Thank you all for being part of my Victories! God knows you and He is happy yo send back His blessings for what you have shared to us. Your prayers were answered and your encouragements received. Special thanks to my Radio Onco , their staff and the Rad Techs who were very caring.
God bless you!
Please pray for my next chemo on June 14...I need 8 more cycles to graduate, halleluya!
also
Thank you Lord for blessing us with18years. You have been our strength through our ups and downs and in our moments of testings.
Thank you to my dear Noel for being at my side and for holding my hands especially when i felt weak. Going to and fro the hospital everyday for more than a month during my radiation were the closests moments we had.
Thank you friends for holding another end of the rope...We will keep the faith in our togetherness!






Not sure all of you know Anthony Bourdain but this is the sad reality of the world these days. Pray for these high profile people to see the light. I share this as we can make a difference out there.
New York (CNN) In death, as in life, Anthony Bourdain brought us closer together.
On his award-winning series, "Parts Unknown," Bourdain brought the world home to CNN viewers. Through the simple act of sharing meals, he showcased both the extraordinary diversity of cultures and cuisines, yet how much we all have in common Tragically, he proved this again on Friday. Bourdain's death shook television viewers around the world. The most common sentiment: "I feel like I've lost a friend." Bourdain was a larger-than-life figure -- a gifted chef and storyteller who used his books and shows to explore culture, cuisine and the human condition.
Franklin Graham’s post makes sense about this and gives us a solution:
Like everyone else, I was shocked to hear that Anthony Bourdain had committed suicide. Even though I didn’t know him personally, it was always fascinating to see where Anthony was and what food he was eating. I think it was so interesting to me because I had been to many of the places featured on his shows. I appreciated his adventurous spirit.
I think most of us have known someone who committed suicide. Nearly 800,000 people intentionally take their own lives around the world every year according to the World Health Organization (WHO) — that’s one person every 40 seconds. And for each person who is successful in committing suicide, 20 or more attempt it. Suicide is an epidemic we can’t deny.
The root cause? An overwhelming hopelessness. A feeling that life’s just not worth it and the problems are insurmountable.
There is only One who can give us the hope we need—Jesus Christ. God created each one of us, and there is a void in every life that can only be filled by a relationship with Him. People try to be good, people try religion, people try success—but peace and hope do not come from those things. Religion can’t save you—only a relationship with Jesus Christ can give you the hope and purpose that you need in life. If you know the love and hope found in Christ, be sure to share it with others.




Thank you very much for praying with us. Soon we will be able to have coffee with some of you. May the Lord guide you in this week to come.
Love
Rossouw-clan




No comments: