Medical to the remote

This Blog is all about the work of God. Nothing we do is without the knowledge of our Father. He is the soul provider for everything we do.
We are Mordegai, Toinette, Suzaan, Gideon and Anton Rossouw from Namibia-Africa. . This Blog is all about our lives here in Cambodia while Suzaan works in South Africa. We are real Farmers from Africa and we love life and what it have to offer and enjoy it day by day.

Mordegai travels to remote villages, doing much needed medical work ,where no other doctors go, with local pastors.

Toinette is at home with the boys. Gideon is no longer with us but Anton will finish with Hope school this year and start online classes .Toinette joins FGC Community Link Cambodia to the villages close by, teaching local children in an after school setting and also women about Health Issues in a village setting.

We consider us Asians as we live such a long time in Asia, eating rice as a staple food and not meat......

Our motto in life comes from a dear friend:

With common sense and God we
can accomplish a lot

Robin Wales




Monday, July 4, 2016

Monday night prayers 4 July 2016





I picked up Samai and together we went to a village, I really love. First time for me since my accident, so it’s a long time ago. The elders of the church were happy to see me again. We helped some people by giving medicines. Always good to have a fresh plate of rice and chicken, prepared in their own tribal way, with these guys. I will never get thin, just because their food is too nice. Also could do a small checkup on some of the students in Samai’s little school, he runs on the side of the road. No fancy curriculum here, just teach the tribal children some Khmer and they can attend the local school. Last year he could send 20 children to public school. Shows what a little bit of help can do. 






Seems to me they sorted the problems out with our visas and they said that we can get NGO visas after all. So let’s see how long that will take. I am also waiting for my papers in Ratanakiri to be signed. All the little red tape, we need to spring through to get things done. Keep praying. 





I am bringing the boys with me to Stung Treng on Wednesday. Holidays are great for joining dad on some outreaches. Pray for safe travels and for the boys to enjoy their time. 







Some good news for Cambodia. Pray about this as it can chance quickly.
Hun Sen ( PM of Cambodia ) assured representatives of Cambodia’s Christian community on Saturday afternoon that they will face no persecution while he is in power. Speaking at Koh Pich City Hall, the prime minister announced he had extended his protection to the Kingdom’s Christians. “You are at peace, and I appeal to all religions in Cambodia not to harass you or your sects,” he said.
However, Chhay Thy, Ratanakkiri provincial coordinator for Adhoc, said guarantees of freedom of religious expression are often dependent on the wider political climate. He cited cases earlier this month in which a gathering of 50 Ratanakkiri Christians was broken up by police and three men were later detained at gunpoint for questioning.
“There have always been restrictions on freedom of assembly while there is political heat in Phnom Penh,” Thy said.





Prayer for Syria this week:
Acts 2:6  “When they heard this sound, a crowd came together in bewilderment, because each one heard their own language being spoken.”

Jesus, I pray for your grace for those serving Syrians wherever in the world they are. I pray that You would give them favor in their language, that Syrians would be drawn to the sound of their heart language, and that many many many would be added to Your kingdom daily!

As I now live in a land that is not home to the Arabic language, I get stares whenever I speak in Arabic. On the bus I answer the phone in Arabic and everyone around me seems to stop talking and listen in. When I’m walking on the street and speaking in Arabic, again people stop talking and look at me, wondering where I’m from. But when I enter a home of Syrians and speak in their language, they are soooo joyous to have someone who understands them. Some have lived outside of Syria for four years and struggle on a daily basis to be understood. Instead of answering my questions with the general “Praise be to God”, people are surprisingly honest, telling me about their families and open to receiving prayer.

Father God, I thank you for how much You love Syrians. I thank You for those of us who have learn the language and can be a blessing. But Father God, this window of opportunity is short. I pray that You would send more workers into the harvest. I pray that You would even miraculously give the language to those who ask. Jesus, we are Yours. These people are Yours. We lift them up into Your hands and ask that not one would leave this world not knowing You!

Today is the last day of Ramadan (in most countries). Tomorrow the three days of celebration start, visiting families, visiting friends. This is also a great opportunity for us to visit, showing how much we value their friendship. Please pray for hearts to open as well as doors of opportunity to open for these friends to hear and accept the Truth!





We really appreciate your prayers and without it, it is not possible to live and work here. Just been convinced this last week, that we need to pray more for our fellow missionaries. Not just spiritual but also physical attacks are the order of the day. Many get depressed and leave or continue to work under really stressful environment. Pray for peace to these men and women that serves God.

Love
Rossouw-clan

--
Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mordegai/
Facebook: http://facebook.com/mordegai
Blog: http://mordegai-whateverlord.blogspot.com/
Skype: mordegai.rossouw

Among the weak in faith I become weak like one of them, in order to win them. So I become all things to all people, that I may save some of them by whatever means are possible. 1Cor.9:22

No comments: