Medical to the remote

This Blog is all about the work of God. Nothing we do is without the knowledge of our Father. He is the soul provider for everything we do.
We are Mordegai, Toinette, Suzaan, Gideon and Anton Rossouw from Namibia-Africa. . This Blog is all about our lives here in Cambodia while Suzaan works in South Africa. We are real Farmers from Africa and we love life and what it have to offer and enjoy it day by day.

Mordegai travels to remote villages, doing much needed medical work ,where no other doctors go, with local pastors.

Toinette is at home with the boys. Gideon is no longer with us but Anton will finish with Hope school this year and start online classes .Toinette joins FGC Community Link Cambodia to the villages close by, teaching local children in an after school setting and also women about Health Issues in a village setting.

We consider us Asians as we live such a long time in Asia, eating rice as a staple food and not meat......

Our motto in life comes from a dear friend:

With common sense and God we
can accomplish a lot

Robin Wales




Monday, January 5, 2015

Monday night prayers Jan 05 2015



First one for this new year. Hope all of you had a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Hope and pray that this year will be a good one for all of you. Starting slow this side of the globe but I am already planning my escape to the province. My leg is just as before but seems to me I can move around a bit easier, some days better than other days. Healing comes slow as my knee is still swollen a bit. Toinette is on drugs for a very bad cold and stomach bug. Pray that she will feel well soon.



Please pray for my friend Anthony. He is the guy who helped save my life the night I made the crash. He was in a serious motorbike accident as well.
In his own words:
As for me, I was riding my motorcycle home when it started to rain. A car did a U-turn in front of me and I hit the back of the car and that impact deflected me head first into a metal pole in the center of the road.
When I woke up there were a few Indonesians looking down at me. They asked if I wanted water. I said I wanted an ambulance. So they started screaming "Ambulance". I knew then and there that wasn't going to do the trick. After wiggling my fingers and toes to asses damage, I decided to take action.
Grabbing my neck as hard as I could I stood up. I hailed a taxi, got in the taxi and proceeded to the nearest hospital. It was there that I sat for over 2 hours with no x-ray or ct scan (and over 8 hours with no pain medication). After getting my scans, they told me I had one fracture of my C1 (atlas). I looked at it and said, "no I have two fractures". They returned a bit later, said I was right and told me I needed surgery. I said, maybe not.
After calling the insurance company, it was decided that I would be emergency airlifted to Singapore for treatment. After arriving in Singapore (10 hours post accident) and having an MRI - it was told to me that I had fractured C1 in 2 places and C7. I was also told that only 3% of people survive my accident. The doctor said I wasn't a survivor but instead, I chose to survive given I had got myself to the hospital - an act which should have paralyzed me. I like to think that but I also like to think that there is a higher power looking out.





Continue to pray for Samai as he is always on the move into the remote villages. This man of God is never sitting still when there are people that do not know Christ. Cannot wait to join him again on some outreaches, soon.




Anton is accompanying Toinette to the village on Saturdays and he really enjoy himself. He is much more familiar withthe local kids and enjoy his ""work"" for FGC. Pray for the remaining staff as one of the Pinay girls is still away. 



May God bless you all in this week to come
Love
Rossouw-clan

No comments: