Medical to the remote

This Blog is all about the work of God. Nothing we do is without the knowledge of our Father. He is the soul provider for everything we do.
We are Mordegai, Toinette, Suzaan, Gideon and Anton Rossouw from Namibia-Africa. . This Blog is all about our lives here in Cambodia while Suzaan works in South Africa. We are real Farmers from Africa and we love life and what it have to offer and enjoy it day by day.

Mordegai travels to remote villages, doing much needed medical work ,where no other doctors go, with local pastors.

Toinette is at home with the boys. Gideon is no longer with us but Anton will finish with Hope school this year and start online classes .Toinette joins FGC Community Link Cambodia to the villages close by, teaching local children in an after school setting and also women about Health Issues in a village setting.

We consider us Asians as we live such a long time in Asia, eating rice as a staple food and not meat......

Our motto in life comes from a dear friend:

With common sense and God we
can accomplish a lot

Robin Wales




Monday, November 4, 2013

Whatever Lord Nov. 2013



Not so long ago a director from a big Christian NGO asks me:
He:"What is it what you are doing?
Me:"I am a missionary."
He:"That is old school to be a missionary."
Me:"well God called me to do this."
He:"this does not work today anymore."

Well in your face my friend. It pays to be still a missionary. On our last outreach, a Muslim brother told the local pastor, who was with the missionary, that he want to join the Christians and go back to his home town and worship in the church. 
So does it still pay to be a missionary? You bet your money on it. We still take time to go and talk to people about God. We do not just sit and write about it on computers or ipads. We take time and visit people in their homes in their villages, eating their food, sleeping in their houses etc. 
This is not old school but 21st century stuff. See my point?


This story made me think for a while, as it did not happened so long ago. Why are we doing, what we are doing? Are we doing it to become famous, to get the trill out of it, to raise support or is it what God wants us to do?? To say the least, I am struggling these days as I need to help 2 guys that I know cannot get healed, without the help of our loving God and Savior. We need God’s intervention more than ever, now.






Sitting once again, just yesterday, in front of Apu, and cannot breath of the horrible stench of his fresh bedsore that opened up, I was struggling with what to do, run away or face the music……A quick trip home, to get supplies, help me to get my bearings and I was ready to do some serious cutting of rotten flesh. His mum was vomiting in the corner again and dad was not far behind, while I bind up a piece of cloth over my nose and mouth not to vomit on top of him. Over all these years of doing this, I only encounter this type of smell, once…. My heart was in my feet with sadness for Apu as I cut all the black stuff away. Now, I was looking at a fresh and new bedsore, almost the same size than the other one, and that in only 2 days. How long can he keep it up, living with so much infection in his body?  Please pray for God’s intervention.




Our outreaches took us way to the North, with the help of some of the elders of a small tribal church. They accompanied us to another small house-church and we could do some medical there. The first day we saw a lot of pretty bad skin diseases. Wish so I could help all of them, but some is just beyond what we are capable off. We pray that the local church will reach out to them with love.
Once again it was encouraging to see how the tribal church works together as friends. The next day we visited an even bigger village. Because of all the rain and flooding, so many people suffers from skin related sicknesses. Ear infections and pneumonia is also on the rise as “winter “is around the corner. I was in my hammock and wishing for a blanket, so it was cold.





Youth Call also accompanied me on our last outreach to Thor Piang Rosey and Kabal Domrey. Nice to see the young guys interact with the locals and helping out wherever they can. We did a medical followed by pulling some teeth at the church. We top the trip off with a drive into the jungle and some swimming time in the nearby river. Had so much fun with some Christ-filled youth. My goodness, nice to have such young guys around you. Miss my daughter so much with these guys around me, as they are the same age than Suzaan.







We hope that this week will be a Super week for you all. I will be on my bike in 2 days again up to the North and the children are in school. Gideon started his ACE program with Elim School. He joined the school this morning for assembly and had to talk to all the children. Toinette will still teach him at home but he will join the school from time to time for some activities. Anton will be transferred by December to Elim and we hope he will enjoy it there.

Love to you all
Rossouw-clan


-- 
Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mordegai/
Facebook: http://facebook.com/mordegai
Blog: http://mordegai-whateverlord.blogspot.com/
Skype: mordegai.rossouw

Job once said, “I have esteemed the words of his mouth more than my necessary food.”

No comments: