Medical to the remote

This Blog is all about the work of God. Nothing we do is without the knowledge of our Father. He is the soul provider for everything we do.
We are Mordegai, Toinette, Suzaan, Gideon and Anton Rossouw from Namibia-Africa. . This Blog is all about our lives here in Cambodia while Suzaan works in South Africa. We are real Farmers from Africa and we love life and what it have to offer and enjoy it day by day.

Mordegai travels to remote villages, doing much needed medical work ,where no other doctors go, with local pastors.

Toinette is at home with the boys. Gideon is no longer with us but Anton will finish with Hope school this year and start online classes .Toinette joins FGC Community Link Cambodia to the villages close by, teaching local children in an after school setting and also women about Health Issues in a village setting.

We consider us Asians as we live such a long time in Asia, eating rice as a staple food and not meat......

Our motto in life comes from a dear friend:

With common sense and God we
can accomplish a lot

Robin Wales




Sunday, March 28, 2010

Jambre


Please pray for little Jambre. He is uncle Olong's grandson and my blue eye boy. He fell down already 1 month ago and from the first
x-rays the local hospital took, nothing was wrong. That turned out to be not true. This week the wound became so bad that it started to look like a big boil. I also thought it was a boil but it turned out to be a big abscess because according to the new x-ray, ,he broke his leg and it got infected. This was the most puss that I ever saw in a small child. The other boils we encountered seems like nothing. Well, I tested it first with a needle to see if I am on the right spot and I was right. Sheila was sitting next to me and when I inserted a blade, she was not sitting anymore. She was up in no time and where she sat was a pool of puss. Not even to mention that her pants were full of fresh puss. (they are soaking in bleach at this time). Graham , you still have some fresh memories of this, we had a good laugh. It was a fountain for a couple of minutes. This was the worse case I ever saw. It continued for at least 15 minutes. Not even to talk about the agony on the poor boys face and crying. As usual I had to chase everyone out of the place cause it is a big event for everyone to share in somebody's agony. Some thought I am killing the poor child. Child abuse is more right,hahaha. Well he is doing fine now but I took an x-ray and will talk to Dr Dienega today about the wound. We just hope and pray that nothing serious is going on in the wound. Pray with us that these children be safe in his hands.

There is one thing we like you to pray for and that is for little Jambre in the hospital. Just to refresh your minds. HE is there because of severe bone infection in his upper leg. Well the leg broke inside the hospital, how, nobody knows. Now they are waiting for the leg to grow back in order to do an operation. Well this week saw him waiting a week just to do a xray. Because he is not on a certain bed with wheels they cannot do a xray to see if they can continue as planned. At this point he has pneumonia and cough his lungs out which make things even worse, cause they will not do an operation if he is ill. The Badjaos had enough and I need to force them to stay in hospital, cause they want to take him home. How do we explain, why not. Even in their language they do not understand.

Please pray that the doctors will come up with a plan asap. I talked to Dr Wong and he said that Jambre will loose his leg if they do not do something quickly. that do not even cross my mind. Imagine a 5 year old loose his leg at the Badjaos. That would be terrible. Please stand in the gab for us for this young life. He needs 4 injection every day which makes his hospital stay very expensive. He is in the government hospital but they do not have the meds available and we need to buy outside. I already told the doctor that we cannot afford it but he just continue with the injections and there seems to no end. Every time they inject him
he is screaming the roof off.

One such case is little Jambre. He is still in hospital and after 2 months he is set for another month. The doctor is still not sure what to do. They already took x-rays of his lungs and he is cured again from a bad cough and pneumonia that he got from inside the hospital. He is a real fighter. His leg is doing good and it seems to heal but the problem is inside with the bones and they need to operate but when is another question for another day. If it take a week to take an x-ray I do not know how long it will take for a schedule to be operated. In the meantime the Badjaos want to take him home and I just need to explain what is happening. God is really full of humor. If the nurses talk to them they do not understand and that is in Cebuano. Then when I am there and I talk to them they can understand. Everybody is amazed that I can communicate to these uncivilized people and nobody else can. Well that also blow my mind. I always said that I believe in the ministry of Signs and Wonders. I do the signs and they wonder what I do. Please pray for Jambre as he needs an operation soon to recover and be able to go home. His treatment is costing us an arm and a leg and I do not know for how long we can keep it up.

He is still hospital and that is a good 3 months now. Talk to the doctor yesterday and he said that he can most properly go home next week. They first need to put him in plaster and then send him home for 2 moths to return for an operation.It is such a long time now and it would be great not to inject him any more. The meds are expensive and we need to give it to him everyday till he gets out of the hospital. I went there yesterday and gave all the children some color books because they are so bored with life. They also have a TV there but nothing is on worth watching. At least they can read some Bible stories while doing some coloring at the same time.

Another praise report is little Jambre. He have been in hospital from 23 Nov'01 already. His leg started to grow back again so good that they could give him a half body cast in plaster. He is home right now and having fun with friends and family. HE cannot walk or doing anything but he is happy. He told me that it was ok in hospital because they had a Tv and now there is no TV to watch. Making a joke that I need to buy a TV for th
em. If there is a extra mile to walk this was a trip to the moon. Financially this was really hard on us and strained all our resources but as I mentioned, god was in control although I doubt many days what is going to happen. I my weakness I am strong.

Many years later, my blue-eye Badjao-boy went to be with his grandpa, Uncle Olong, as well. He died without even knowing why. I was so sad when I learned from his grandma that he died. Both of us were crying. Why Lord, why take away such a young boy and such a beautiful one as well?? Things I cannot understand. God is so much bigger than we can think.



In His Grace we need to be daily. Our dail
y tasks need to include Him and nobody else. I will always treasure my time with this family. They are my number one Badjao family. For years, every 2 weeks gransma came and drink coffee and eat soem bread at my house. She was a real girl in her own terms. We called her the besr beggar in town. She can beg the clothes from your body. Many mornings I hear the familiar."Hap Subo"(good morning), then I know she is there. She was the only one visiting me at home.



God is good all the time. I am looking forward to the day to see Uncle Olong and his grandson again.

No comments: